While microblading is great for most people, there are some people who are ineligible for microblading:
- Those prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypo-pigmentation. Unfortunately, since microblading punctures the skin as we add ink, we cannot work with clients with these conditions.
- If you have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or Hepatitis. Again, microblading artists cut the skin so it is our policy not to work with these conditions.
- If you’ve had Juvederm or other fillers in that area. Depending on the timing, we recommend to get microblading first! Otherwise, check with your doctor. Many artists may request a note from your doctor first.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy. Although microblading is great for restoring eyebrows, we would require a doctor’s note in order to perform the procedure for anyone undergoing chemotherapy.
- If you have any kind of skin condition on or near your eyebrows. This includes eczema, shingles, rashes, or anything else near eyebrows.
- Children. Microblading is for adults only! We do not recommend microblading for anyone under the age of 18. It is our policy at LUXE Brow + Lash not to work with children, even with a consent form.
The following restrictions are to ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing microblading procedure. Please read carefully:
Please do not work out the day of the procedure as the body heat will expands the pores.
Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before procedure. Skin should not be in process of healing before procedure!
Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, omega-3, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!)
Do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
The following treatments should avoided within four weeks of the procedure:
- Botox or other fillers
- Chemical Peels
- Laser treatments
If you have any questions about these restrictions, please give us a call! We’re happy to help.